What is Jet Cook™?
Jet Cook for food processing uses culinary steam to process or cook various food ingredients with minimal heat degradation. This is achieved by accelerating the ingredient with an ultrasonic speed within a chamber and processing it with high pressure and atomised culinary steam using a patented technology to create products with flavourful taste and great texture.
Goodtrend integrates this patented Jet Cook technology from DC Norris, our technology partner in Europe which can be incorporated in any of the following food processing stages;
- Heating and/or
Benefits of Jet Cook™
- Energy saving – Rapid cooking time with Jet Cook reduces energy consumption.
- Space saving – Jet Cook requires a very small footprint as various processing phases can be reduced into a single process.
- Scalable – Expand your Jet Cook processing line as you grow your business. Our engineers will design your production line taking into considerations your future expansions.
- Rapid cooking and processing time – This patented Jet Cook technology allows ingredients processing time to be accelerated more than 50 percent (depending on ingredient) compared to the conventional processing method. By combining several processing phases, processing time is reduced too.
- Improved flavour and taste – With minimal heat degradation, food quality is not compromised. Heat is also distributed evenly throughout the process ensuring heating consistency. The texture of the final product with Jet Cook is also better compared to the conventional cooking method.
- Improved starch hydration – Jet Cook is proven to hydrate starch more efficiently thus reducing the amount of starch required yet producing flavourful products.
- Zero burn-on – Ingredients are processed directly with steam evenly thus eliminating burn-on in the processing tanks. This gives better flavour to the final product.
- Ease of maintenance and Simple CIP (Clean-In-Place) process – With almost zero burn-on, the entire system can be cleaned easily and new batches can be produced with minimal downtime.
Application of Jet Cook™ Technology
Jet Cook for Ready Meals
Jet Cook for Soups
Jet Cook for Sauces
- Chilli sauce
Jet Cook for Dairies
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- UHT Treatment
Jet Cook for Beverages
- Syrup preparation
- Asian Drinks
- UHT Treatment
Other products / applications
- Butter or Margarine processing
- Central kitchens / Airline Caterings
The possibilities to apply Jet Cook in various products are limitless and beyond your imagination. Our team will be able to assist you with your current production line if it involves any of these processes; Homogenization, Emulsification, Entrainment, Heating and/or Cooking.
Goodtrend is the leader of Jet Cook installation, integration and implementation within the Asia region. Our technology partner, DC Norris is the leading Jet Cook technology patent owner in Europe with numerous successful installations worldwide. We are able to design, install and commission the entire production line incorporating Jet Cook technology. Clients’ are invited to visit the test kitchen in Europe to experience Jet Cook technology with your own recipe or formulation.